Friday, May 8, 2009

I Support the Employee Free Choice Act

I Support the Employee Free Choice Act

Senator Dianne Feinstein
U.S. Senate
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-0001

Dear Senator Feinstein

I am writing to voice my support for the Employee Free Choice
Act. I urge you to do support this critical and historic
legislation that will revive the economy and rebuild the middle
class.

The economic tailspin has put the middle class, our country's
backbone, in peril. Rising health care costs, home foreclosures,
stagnant wages, and shrinking retirement plans are all taking a
huge toll.

We need to empower workers to negotiate for better wages and
benefits.

The Employee Free Choice Act will do just that - allowing
workers to form a union when a majority of them want one. It
will also stiffen penalties on employers who harass, intimidate,
and fire workers for their support of a union.

The Employee Free Choice Act is a critical piece of our economic
recovery. I'm confident you'll continue to represent the best
interests of workers in your district by supporting it.


Sincerely,
Kurt Kelly
PO Box 241971
Los Angeles, CA 90024

No comments: